Santa Clara, , United States
Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a highly motivated person to join the Product Management team as Product Management Analyst. You will be working for a company that is involved in the latest developments in Big Data, Social Innovation, Cloud solutions and Analytics. Product Management Analyst supports Senior Product Manager in managing lifecycle of selected platform products. S/He has direct responsibility for one or more storage, infrastructure, networking, or server products. The responsibility is for global market.
What You Will Be Doing
1. Assist Senior Product Manager with managing entire lifecycle of selected products in Hitachi Vantara product portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, pricing, marketing, messaging, packaging, support planning and reporting. – 10%
2. Support Senior Product Manager with developing product positioning, training aids, product specifications, whitepapers and other collateral in collaboration with marketing, sales, engineering and other cross-functional teams. – 10%
3. Collect, assess, and calculate rack spacing and power requirements to support data center infrastructure (DCI) products at customer-site installations. – 15%
4. Work with Product Support organization to ensure support readiness of the assigned product, and gather information to improve serviceability and reliability of the products. – 5%
5. Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for assigned product, upgrades, revisions and coordinate with all impacted groups. – 25%
6. Gather feature/functionality/interoperability requirements from customers and sales teams and prioritize for Technology Partner or Supplier companies. Define priorities to be addressed by suppliers. – 15%
7. Develop and maintain infrastructure to make it easy for the Sales Channels to sell the product. Work with Inventory Accounting and Configuration Planning teams for cost-of-good (COG) and bill-of-material (BOM) updates. – 10%
8. Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Product Manager or team leader. -5%
9. Assess and address customer requests for unique Rack/PDU configurations. 5%
What You Will Bring To The Team
1. BS degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Compute Science or Business Administration. 2-4 years’ experience or a higher degree a plus.
2. Course work and/or direct experience with power ratings, rack structures, programming, computer networks.
3. Knowledge of Multi-protocol storage and networks; racks, PDU, power requirement calculations required.
4. Experience with VMware, Linux OS and Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
5. Self-starter with demonstrated capability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment. Very strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to learn a broad portfolio quickly. Must be a team player, results orientated, with high professional standards and work ethic.
Position is based in the United States. Ability to travel about 5% of the time. Errors have a high impact on product margin, sales and supportability of the product.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what’s now to what’s next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we’d love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa – Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto – Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin – Pioneering Spirit, Challenge