The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties. Must be able to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, and preventative maintenance standards to support COLLIER Manufacturing business goals and objectives. Must have a continuous improvement attitude, and an understanding of manufacturing efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of duties to install and maintain production and facility’s equipment.
- Improve efficiencies and initiate continuous improvement efforts.
- Oversee the completion of basic maintenance projects and new equipment installations.
- Provide unscheduled repairs of production equipment to minimize production downtime.
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment to maintain equipment.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, tank farms and plant facilities.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic issues of production machines and auxiliary support equipment.
- Must have excellent electrical skills and knowledge in electrical/electronics (PLCs, A/C and D/C motors and drives, control logic, schematics and troubleshooting)
- Must be able to perform preventive and predictive maintenance necessary for maintaining buildings and grounds.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and set up of new equipment also to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, and make necessary adjustments required to operate at standard.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance familiar with PVC piping and carpentry functions.
- Able to weld, make repairs and fabricate needed equipment.
- Comply with safety guidelines and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be a key contributor on safety and production improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
production floor maintenance: 2 years (Preferred) manufacturing industry: 2 years (Preferred) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with filling and packaging equipment a plus.