The Market Manager is a pivotal, strategic, results driven sales leader role in the New York Market Master Division. To identify, recruit and manage relationships with the strategic dealer partners who most effectively meet all of our partnership criteria: enable us to expand our distribution quicker with shorter time to market and grow market reach and deliver revenue.
The ideal candidate will have a strong strategy, marketing, commercial and negotiation & contracts acumen who can initiate, develop, and build lasting relationships with new and existing partners & alliances. You'll share your experience and insight into how partnerships can fuel growth working closely with management, strategy, and product/solution management. In this dynamic position, you will identify and cultivate partnerships that range from recruit partners to provide a competitive advantage in market, on-going support with their business operations, organic growth/expansion in the market place. You will be working with senior level executives & region directors across the market and potentially a wide array of industries as we think out of the box, based on existing brand relationships and your own network. Internally, you will lead the execution of new initiatives which requires building internal momentum, teams, and project plans for partnership.
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Work with dealer partners to build sales and service culture. Conduct monthly training/business meeting to review & discuss monthly performances & business growth plans.
- Serve as a point of contact for questions or problems including individual partner issues.
- Reviewing results in weekly meetings and weekly updates regarding internal team's store visit recap.
- Participate in any partner meetings or conference calls providing competitive updates, sales and metric performance, and recognition. Work with HQ Operations team on contests and incentives to drive productivity
- Support organizational sales & service strategies by developing tools and resources to ensure objectives are met
- Escalation point for local market issues and concerns
- Ensure visual presentation of brand is executed to MetroPCS merchandising and accessory guidelines at the store level.
- Teach Telecell Account Executives with leadership strategies on how to support and drive sales results from partners. Provide feedback on their store visit observations, coach & develop the internal sales team.
- Provide communication and follow-up with partners and store leaders regarding updates on MetroPCS News, Forecast and other sales updates, products, service, or operations updates.
- Participate in weekly meeting with senior level executives to provide feedback on success and opportunities in the market. Identify sales & service opportunities and partner with local MetroPCS management to create action plans to improve
- Plan, implement, and execute programs to meet performance metrics
- Meets sales goals & objectives by maximizing sales volume and profit
- Monitors productivity, and works with Store Owners & Sales Reps to continuously train and improve
- Responsible for P&L of New York market office
- Operations - Review of operations reporting: operational business loss, training, inventory: shipments/returns, AR and commissions. Work closely with HQ Operations on managing physical inventory process, reporting and reconciliation. Work with HQ operations to coordinate retail audits, and meet compliance requirements for Telecell operating standards.
- Work with MetroPCS local support team, MetroPCS Business Development team and Telecell senior level executives on approval and execution of all new locations. Work closely with principal on new store opening process and executing kickoff of all new locations
- Administrative responsibilities including expense report preparation, file and communication management
- Communicates and oversees cross functional or companywide initiatives
- Leads the implementation of policy or organization structure changes
- Influences executives regarding strategy or and to achieve business objectives
- Coordinates and integrates staff activities and resources across functional teams to implement strategies
- Determining and securing the resources and materials needed to perform the work of the unit
- Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources, and other operating issues
- Demonstrated financial results in sales and multi-store management
- Aptitude to build strong advisory relationships with decision makers and influence partner thinking and action
- Ability to execute on Telecell and account strategy and effectively work in cross functional teams
- Aptitude for strong qualitative and quantitative analysis. (P&L, Cash Flow modeling)
- Advanced personnel training, coaching and development skills
- Strong knowledge of common business applications (Web browsers, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong marketing skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- 3-5 years of significant sales and operational experience in a sales organization with a top company and strong culture
- Significant business analysis skills along with in-depth retail experience
- Strong focus on customer and quality
- Excellent communications and influencing skills
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of retail merchandising and brand presentation
- Must have a valid Driver's license and satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance
- Bilingual in Korean Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and/or equivalent work experience
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time